The South Dakota Board of Vocational Rehabilitation, Board of Service to the Blind and Visually Impaired and the Statewide Independent Living Council accepted nominations to recognize individuals and employers for their contributions to improving employment opportunities and independent living for people with disabilities.
On September 15th Gov. Kristi Noem will recognize awarded businesses at the 2020 Governor’s Awards ceremony starting at 11 a.m. CDT. The event will be held at the Capitol Rotunda inside the South Dakota State Capitol Building located in Pierre.
Gov. Noem will present awards to the following 2020 recipients:
- Kendra Gottsleben of Sioux Falls – Outstanding Individual with a Disability
- Chris Peterson of Ft. Pierre – Outstanding Employee with a Disability
- The Fox Stop of Yankton – Outstanding Private Employer (Small Employer)
- Boyds Gunstock Industries of Mitchell – Outstanding Private Employer (Large Employer)
- Mitchell School District – Food Service Department of Mitchell – Outstanding Employer (Other)
- Karen Schmeiser of Aberdeen – Outstanding Transition Services
- Eugene “Gene” Murphy of Sioux Falls – Distinguished Service
Boyds Gunstocks est. 1981 is located in Mitchell, South Dakota, and delivers gunstocks worldwide. With over 100 employees, Boyds dominates the aftermarket wood gunstock industry providing the largest selection of gunstocks to hundreds of gun brands and thousands of gun models worldwide.
The Mitchell School District Food Service Department of Mitchell employs a dynamic and efficient staff dedicated to education and the practice of constantly improving the educational program.